About Me

Kathy Hayes specializes in High School Senior portraits, families, children, weddings and sports in the Central Oregon area. e-mail k_hphoto@yahoo.com or call me at 541-410-7379

Monday, September 1, 2008

Katie - Senior Session

Took Katies senior pictures last Saturday. What a wonderful photo shoot, for me anyway, and I think she enjoyed it too. Katie was so much fun to work with and so easy to pose, she was a natural at it. She is a dancer and is very disciplined in poise, so I never had to tell her to "sit up straight" or "no slouching allowed".

As in some of my previous posts, I have a few more "experimental" empty/negative space shots. These first two are examples.


This is my very favorite shot of Katie and we almost missed it. While driving to a new place to take her photos, we saw these pretty little yellow flowers and decided to give a try at a few quick snaps. The sun came out and the wind gently picked up as if on cue to grace us with natural effects for this natural beauty of a young woman. You're gorgeous Katie!


A little bit of vintage coloring here.

I love to use bits of our town in these pictures. We just happened to come across this yellow & black.......ummmmmm....thing.

A little bit of dramatic black & white.

And a couple of the "traditional" type senior portraits.









No comments: