About Me

Kathy Hayes specializes in High School Senior portraits, families, children, weddings and sports in the Central Oregon area. e-mail k_hphoto@yahoo.com or call me at 541-410-7379

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The pictures of 2011 - Day 1

So here it is a new year and for me a whole year to look forward to in taking pictures.  This year I am going to try to get a bit more creative in Photoshop, just try new things.  So I figured it's a good way to share and hopefully I get to play around as much as I'm hoping too.  Hope you enjoy this first one!

For those of you who don't already know, this is my cat "Tuff".  He's a 12 year old orange tabby "CAT" that thinks he's a human!  He is the subject of LOTS of my creations because he is such a willing and comical subject.  So for my first sample of my growing creativity, here he is in what is called a "woodcut" look.


Finished project


 Cropped and softened original.



And this is how the shot came about.  Husband & I are in the kitchen scooping oatmeal into our bowls for breakfast while Tuff aka "Mr. Curious" sits patiently on his cat tree listening and smelling the air.

Now he studies my husbands every move as he walks to his recliner to eat his oatmeal while enjoying an old movie on TV.

He really thinks he would like to try some oatmeal too, just neither of us greedy humans wants to share with him and of course he is much to dignified to beg!
 So this is how it ends, he watches, we eat.  Later I'm sure he will sneak into the kitchen and clean up any "remains"  :)

No comments:

Blog Archive