About Me

Kathy Hayes specializes in High School Senior portraits, families, children, weddings and sports in the Central Oregon area. e-mail k_hphoto@yahoo.com or call me at 541-410-7379

Monday, June 22, 2009

Random shots around town

Sometimes I actually get caught up with all my photo jobs and then I don't know what to do. Taking photos and editing them are so much a part of my everyday life that when I don't have any to shoot or work on, I am totally lost. So in between all my wonderful people shoots, I go out for a personal photo shoot. I am always looking at places and scenery and thinking wow, I wish I had a camera with me to get a shot of that....so that's what I did a few weeks ago. These are the results of some of my favorites.


We had quite a few days of heavy rainfall and everything turned a fantastic green! I pass this place almost every day.
My cat "Tuff" was quite annoyed with me & my camera, I know this look very well!

This one was caught with my little point&shoot camera. It was a break in the rain and I was headed into 7-11 for a Slurpee when I spotted this old car parked in front of the Tastee Treet. While the photo is somewhat poor quality, I still loved the subject and the moody feeling.
I caught a bee on a flower and actually remembered to speed up my shutter so I would have more than a flower with a yellow blur on it!
I love taking photos at this old welding shop but usually I have a person in the scene. I finally stopped and just caught a few shots of the building.
This yard has got to be the most beautiful flower display in town. Every year it has blooms from May through September and the plants are HUGE! I think the house has quite a bit of character too.

I love the old time feel of this place and the chairs are classics! The stormy skys were sure cooperating this day.
My yard is not looking so good in the flower department this year, but this little lovely managed to fight it's way through the weeds.
This is another place that I pass often and I always see a photo opp. In fact a few winters ago I got some awesome shots of this barn in a snow storm.

On my way home from a friends one day I noticed this tractor, made a note and came back to snap a few shots.

I pass this school at least 10 times every week and never really gave it a second look. Funny how rainy weather makes everything look so much more interesting.
And last but not least, our glorious old courthouse. This building is such a wonderful structure to photograph in any season.

Several notes here that I feel I should add: All of these photos have had some editing and processing done to them with the help of Photoshop and other Adobe products.
Last note: This is my "vacation" post :) If you are waiting on me to post some of your photos that I have taken in the past few weeks, you won't have to wait much longer, they are in line to post next.














No comments: