About Me

Kathy Hayes specializes in High School Senior portraits, families, children, weddings and sports in the Central Oregon area. e-mail k_hphoto@yahoo.com or call me at 541-410-7379

Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Backyard 7-12-08

This is one of the reasons I LOVE where I live. These were all taken in my backyard this morning, you just never know what you'll find out there.


This woodpecker has been working on one of the trees for nearly a month, he still is very leary of us humans, but I have noticed he jumps down from his work and hesitates before flying away now. My husband and I sometimes sit quietly on the back porch and watch him.


While watching the woodpecker this other flying creature entered the scene.

This guy is not distracted from his watch at all when we are present. He sits atop this piece of machinery and watches for fieldmice. He's not shy at all and will gladly pose for a picture.

We always have deer in the backyard, this year we have two does that seem to be there all the time. This one will come within 5 feet of the back door to eat my flowers!





No comments: